Last night, New York City was the place to be! Hollywood’s biggest and brightest stars were out in full force and dressed to the nines attending the 2014 Met Gala aka Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We asked our talented beauty and fashion team of Geeta Khanna (@makeupbygeeta) and Niki Hall (@thisisniki) to share their top picks for the night. Here’s what they had to say!
Geeta’s top beauty looks were:
1. Joan Smalls. She was my favorite look of the night because it was different, future forward and the execution was impeccable. The star is this vibrant, matte, rich purple which is balanced out perfectly by everything else on her being neutral from her dress to the rest of her makeup.
2. Cara Delevingne. A soft brown smokey perfectly accentuates her gorgeous eye color.
3. Beyonce. The deep burgundy creamy lips ties into her vintage theme and gives her a glamorous. look without being costumey.
4. Rita Ora. Even though she rocks the red lips as her signature, it’s usually paired with these dark brown brows that give her a 90’s Madonna look. Her lightened brows, perfect skin, soft contour just grew her up and she looked great!
5. Emma Stone. Her dress and hair color were the focal points of her look so I loved the way her makeup softly enhanced her natural features and complimented her skin tone without competing for attention.
Follow Geeta (@makeupbygeeta) on Instagram for beauty tips!
Niki’s top fashion picks were:
1. Rihanna. Different take on the theme but still on point, fresh and modern! She rocked that white two piece.
2. Beyonce. Stunning! Loved the beaded lace veil, and the whole ensemble was just so striking. Makeup was also flawless.
3. Karolina Kurkova. Beautiful shape and on theme with the designer being featured.
4. Kendall Jenner. Who knew! She looked amazing. Again, dress was so on point for the night.
5. Alicia Quarles. Her dress was also beautiful! Loved the color on her. I thought her makeup could be toned down though.
Follow Niki (@thisisniki) on Instagram for more fashion talk!
photos via NYTimes.com and Getty Images
For the 11th year in a row, Creative Production Partners is partnering with New York Yankees captain Derek Jeter and his Turn 2 Foundation. CPP is excited to announce, we will produce Robin Thicke’s live performance at the18th Annual Turn 2 Foundation Dinner on June 2 in New York City. To purchase a table and support programs and activities that promote healthy lifestyles for youth, please visit www.turn2foundationdinner.com.